Winston-Salem / Forsyth County Family Law Attorneys
At Freedman, Thompson, Witt, Ceberio & Byrd, PLLC, our family law attorneys provide clients with sound advice, vigorous advocacy, guidance and support, allowing the clients to face the future with confidence.
With increased use of ADR measures such as mediation, arbitration, and other methods, fewer family law cases are being litigated than before; many cases are settled before anyone sees the inside of the courthouse. Our attorneys are skilled trial lawyers, however, and for those matters that cannot be resolved outside of court, we represent our clients throughout the entire process.
Our Family Law Practice
Our family law practice covers a broad range of topics, including the following:
- Divorce (dissolution of marriage)
- Custody, visitation
- Child support
- Complex equitable distribution
- spousal support, (post-separation support and alimony), property settlement agreements
- Premarital (ante-nuptial) agreements, post-marital agreements, separation agreements, and property settlement agreements
- Alienation of affections and criminal conversation (claims and defenses)
- Domestic violence
- Mediation and arbitration appeals to the N.C. Court of Appeals and N.C. Supreme Court
Selecting A Family Law Attorney
If you are preparing for divorce, are involved in a custody dispute or have another family law issue, the result of your proceeding will have a long-term, significant impact on your financial and emotional well-being. You will have to discuss extremely sensitive matters with your lawyer, and the process itself, whether differences are resolved through mediation or at trial, will be emotionally exhausting.
We invite you to call us at 336-725-8323 or e-mail our office to arrange a meeting with one of our attorneys, a conference that typically will last for an hour or more. We charge a modest consultation fee for this consultation, during which your lawyer will evaluate your goals and resources and advise you on how to proceed. Because circumstances vary greatly, we do not quote fees over the telephone.